Baby Corn Chilli | Crispy Baby Corn | Baby Corn Manchurian
Baby Corn Chilli is crispy fried baby corn sauteed in Chinese sauces. This dish is another lip-smacking Indo-Chinese starter. It goes well with noodles or fried rice.
Also, this crispy baby corn tastes different from other Manchurian items. It is because the baby corn taste itself is very different and unique in a way. It is sweet and crispy.
As well, when we deep fry these baby corns, they become even crispier. When preparing any Indo-Chinese deep-fried dish, cornstarch/cornflour is the main ingredient.
And in this recipe, we deep fry these baby corns by coating them with some flours. They are cornstarch, rice flour and all-purpose flour (maida). Rice flour is optional. I use rice flour to make the Baby Corn Manchurian crispy.
Furthermore, I add chilli powder and ginger-garlic paste as well along with these flours. And then, I saute them with onions, green chillies, garlic and Chinese sauces.
Besides, these deep-fried baby corn tastes great by itself. You can have it without sauteing them in these sauces. You can instead add some chilli sauce and soy sauce in the batter itself. Sometimes, I prefer having it that way.
Also, baby corn chilli is a great snack for family dinners, get-togethers and parties. They’re easy to prepare and serve as a great appetizer. I hope you enjoy cooking this finger-licking Indo-Chinese starter for your loved ones.
Additionally, you can look at my other related collections – Appetizers, Evening Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Indo-Chinese which include Veg Pizza, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushrooms Manchurian, Veg Hakka Noodles, Veg Balls, Potato Nuggets, Veg Samosa, Paneer Bhurji, Tomato Cucumber Sandwich, Bombay Sandwich, Pani Puri, Garlic Bread, Cabbage Steamed Momos, and Pav Bhaji.
Recipe Card for Baby Corn Manchurian
Baby Corn Chilli | Crispy Baby Corn | Baby Corn ManchurianCourse: Evening Snacks, Starters, Appetizers, Side DishCuisine: Indian, Indo-Chinese, Chinese
Baby Corn Manchurian is a crispy and delicious Indo-Chinese starter or appetizer. It is mainly served with noodles, Manchow soup or fried rice.
250 gms chopped baby corn
1 medium chopped onion
3-4 slit and sliced green chillies
7-8 small chopped garlic cloves
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida)
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 tablespoon rice flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon green/red chillies sauce
1 tablespoon schezwan sauce
2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Heat oil for frying in a pot (kadai).
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour (maida), cornflour and rice flour.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add baby corn and mix them well with the flours. Then add 1 tablespoon hot oil and some water. Let the baby corn mix well with the mixture.
- Add it to the hot oil in the pot (kadai). Fry from both sides until it becomes golden brown. Remove from the pot (kadai) and keep them aside.
- In a bowl, add vinegar, soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and schezwan sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another pot (kadai).
- Add onions, green chillies, garlic cloves, fried baby corn, and the mixture of sauces. Mix them all well.
- Add coriander leaves. Baby Corn Manchurian is ready. Serve it hot.
- Rice flour makes the Manchurian crispy and soaks less oil.
- Instead of regular onions, you can use spring onions, it tastes better. You can use the green part of the spring onions can for garnish instead of coriander leaves or you can use both.
- If you don’t like sauteing the deep fried baby corn in sauces, then you need not saute them. You can add soy sauce and chilli sauce in the flour batter itself and deep fry them. They taste delicious even in this method.
- Wash the baby corn in hot water before use.
How to make Crispy Baby Corn step-by-step?
Step 1: Heat oil for frying in a pot (kadai).
Step 2: In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida), 2 tablespoons cornflour, and 1 tablespoon rice flour.
Step 3: Add salt to taste, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, and 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
Step 4: Add the baby corn, coat them well with the batter. Then, add 1 tablespoon of hot oil and add some water. Now continue coating.
Step 5: Add the baby corn covered with batter to the hot oil in the pot (kadai). Deep fry the mushrooms from both sides until it becomes golden brown. Take them out from the oil and keep them aside.
Step 6: In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon green/red chillies sauce, 1 tablespoon schezwan sauce, and 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup.
Step 7: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a separate pot (kadai) or you can remove the extra oil from the same pot (kadai) and keep about 1 tablespoon. Add 1 medium chopped onion, 3-4 slit and sliced green chillies, 7-8 small chopped garlic cloves, and mix them well.
Step 8: Add the fried baby corn, and the mixture of sauces. Mix them all well.
Step 9: Garnish it with coriander leaves. Crispy Baby Corn Chilli is ready. Serve it hot.