Veg Hakka Noodles | Vegetable Hakka Noodles | How to make Veg Hakka Noodles
Veg Hakka Noodles is an Indo-Chinese dish stir fry vegetables. The origin of this dish can be traced back to the birth of Indo-Chinese cuisine. The Chinese settled in Kolkatta and introduced these vegetarian noodles to the Indians.
So, the fusion of Indian and Chinese food gave birth to a new cuisine, Indo-Chinese. These noodles are one of the earliest Indian-Chinese dishes. They are very popular street food in India now. Also, they are available at all Indo-Chinese and Indian restaurants across the globe.
There are many types of Hakka noodles, such as vegetarian, vegetarian or chicken. To make it a vegan dish, you can either use only vegetables or vegetables with tofu. For vegetarians, veggies with paneer is a good choice. For the chicken diet, you can use veggies and chicken together.
No matter what type of noodles you make, any Hakka Noodles will always have vegetables. In this recipe, I’m using only veggies. Vegetable Hakka noodles is usually a dish with stir-fried vegetables and Chinese sauce.”
When boiling the noodles, you need to make sure they don’t become sticky. To avoid stickiness, add oil to the water before adding the noodles. The strands of noodles need to be separate and not stick to one another. Also, the noodles should boil only up to 60%.
Besides, these noodles serve as a snack or appetizer, as well as the main dish. This dish tastes great by itself but can be served with Mushroom Manchurian, Baby Corn Manchurian, Veg Manchurian, Gobi Manchurian, Paneer Chilli, Fried Rice, Manchow Soup or Momos.
Also, this dish is pretty easy and quick to prepare. It’s a great snack to serve at family dinners, weddings, birthday parties or if you have a guest. I hope you enjoy cooking this lip smacking dish for your loved ones.
Additionally, you can look at my other related collections – Appetizers, Evening Snacks, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Indo-Chinese which include Veg Pizza, Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushrooms Manchurian, Veg Balls, Potato Nuggets, Veg Samosa, Paneer Bhurji, Tomato Cucumber Sandwich, Bombay Sandwich, Pani Puri, Garlic Bread, Cabbage Steamed Momos, and Pav Bhaji.
Recipe Card for Vegetable Hakka Noodles
Veg Hakka Noodles | Hakka Noodles | How to make Hakka NoodlesCourse: Appetizers, Snacks, MainCuisine: Indian, Indo-Chinese, Chinese
Veg Hakka Noodles is an Indo-Chinese Noodles made with stir fried vegetable and Chinese sauces.
250 gms of noodles
1 medium diced onion
2 chopped green chillies
10-12 chopped garlic cloves
1 medium diced carrot
1 cup diced cabbage
1 medium diced green capsicum (bell pepper)
Add 1 teaspoon vinegar
3 teaspoon soya sauce
1 teaspoon green chilli sauce
1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
Salt to taste
- Take some water in a pot to boil noodles.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil and salt to taste in the water.
- Add the noodles and boil until it’s 60% cooked.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pot (kadai) or wok.
- Add onion and green chillies. Let the onion become slightly golden brown.
- Add garlic cloves.
- Add carrot, cabbage, green capsicum (bell pepper) and salt to taste.
- Add vinegar, soya sauce and green chilli sauce.
- Add the 60% boiled noodles and it well with the other ingredients.
- Veg Hakka Noodles is ready. Garnish it with spring onions and serve with your favorite Manchurian or soup.
- Many Indo-Chinese restaurants use Ajinomoto in their dishes. Ajinomoto does make it tasty but not recommended for kids. Ajinomoto is terrible for health; it leads to a burning sensation in the throat and stomach. Hence, it is better to avoid it.
- You can use more vegetables, like mushrooms or beans if you like.
- Paneer or tofu also tastes good when you add with the vegetables.
- You can serve these noodles with tomato ketchup on the side.
- Always use fresh vegetable oil to make these noodles.
How to make Veg Hakka Noodles step-by-step?
Step 1: Take some water in a pot to boil noodles.
Step 2: Add 2 teaspoons of oil and salt to taste in the water.
Step 3: Add 250 gms of noodles and boil until it’s 60% cooked.
Step 4: Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pot (kadai) or wok.
Step 5: Add 1 medium diced onion and 2 chopped green chillies. Let the onion become slightly golden brown.
Step 6: Add 10-12 chopped garlic cloves.
Step 7: Add 1 medium diced carrot, 1 cup diced cabbage, 1 medium diced green capsicum (bell pepper), and salt to taste.
Step 8: Add 1 teaspoon vinegar, 3 teaspoon soya sauce, and 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce.
Step 9: Add the 60% boiled noodles and mix it well with the other ingredients.
Step 10: Veg Hakka Noodles is ready. Garnish it with spring onions and serve with your favorite Manchurian or soup.