Marinara Sauce | Pizza Sauce | Pasta Sauce
Marinara Sauce is an Italian tomato sauce. This sauce is incredibly easy and simple to cook. It’s a multipurpose sauce. It works as a spread for pizza, sauce for pasta, and a dip for garlic bread.
Most Italian dishes are made using olive oil. Marinara Sauce is also made with olive oil. It has this nice red color of tomatoes. This homemade sauce is made from scratch. The ingredients used are blanched tomatoes, garlic, chilli flakes, and fresh oregano if available.
Additionally, this sauce goes well with any vegetable and meat. The tangy flavor of tomatoes is the foundation of fresh pasta or pizza. I have used this sauce for Vegetable Pizza, Pasta, and Garlic Bread. I hope you enjoy cooking this sauce for your family and friends.
Marinara Sauce | Pizza Sauce | Pasta SauceCourse: Main, Snacks, Sides, Dinner, LunchCuisine: American, Italian
2 large tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small chopped onion
10-12 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon fresh or dry oregano
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Boil the tomatoes in a bowl.
- Take out the tomatoes and place it in a separate bowl. Let it cool.
- Heat olive oil in a pot.
- Add onion and garlic cloves.
- Add the tomato puree.
- Add sugar, salt to taste, oregano, and red chilli flakes
- Add tomato ketchup. Mix all ingredients well and bring the sauce to boil.
- Marinara Sauce is ready. Serve it as a dip for garlic bread, pasta sauce or spread for pizza.
- Tomato ketchup gives the sauce a tangy flavor and balances the taste.
- You can also used canned tomatoes or readymade tomato puree. However, freshly prepared tomato puree is recommended.
- You can store this sauce in refrigerator for 3 days and in freezer for about a month.
- Try using fresh oregano for this sauce. It tastes great as well as healthy.
- You can also add basil.
- This sauce goes well with any Italian food.
How to make Marinara Sauce step-by-step?
Step 1: Boil 2 large tomatoes.
Step 2: Take out the tomatoes and place them in a separate bowl. Let it cool.
Step 3: Unskin the tomatoes and grind it into a puree.
Step 4: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pot.
Step 5: Add 1 small chopped onion and 10-12 garlic cloves.
Step 6: Add the tomato puree.
Step 7: Add 1 teaspoon sugar, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon dry or fresh oregano, and 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes.
Step 8: Add 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup. Mix all ingredients well and bring the sauce to boil.
Step 9: Marinara Sauce is ready. Serve it as a dip for garlic bread, pasta sauce or spread for pizza.