Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms | Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms is a dish prepared using button mushrooms. It is a simple, easy and tasty appetizer or side dish. The origin of Stuffed Mushrooms is unknown, but its origin should probably be somewhere from France. The concept of consuming fungi first began in France. That is how they started cultivating it.
As well, Veg Stuffed Mushrooms tastes the best when you serve it hot. Otherwise, it will turn soggy and won’t be crispy anymore. There are several variations to this dish. In this recipe, the stuffing needs sauteed mushroom stalks, onion and garlic. You can use spring onions instead of regular onions, as it gives a nice flavor. Then add cheese topping.
Furthermore, this dish is vegetarian, you can use other vegetables like carrots and cabbage. There are other fillings such as cheese, paneer, chicken, eggs, etc that you can prepare. The stuffing is filled in the mushroom caps and baked. I have first sauteed these stuffed mushrooms from the bottom on a pan. Then, later baked it in the oven.
Moreover, Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms is a great snack or side dish for your family dinners, get-togethers, and parties. I hope you enjoy cooking this delicious homemade snack for your loved ones.
Additionally, you can look at my other related collections – Appetizers and Evening Snacks which include Pani Puri, Mushroom Manchurian, Veg Manchurian, Potato Cheese Nuggets, Paneer Bhurji, Bombay Sandwich, Tomato Cucumber Sandwich, Garlic Bread, and Cabbage Steamed Momos.
Recipe Card for Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms | Vegetarian Stuffed MushroomsCourse: Evening Snacks, AppetizersCuisine: Italian, Indian, American
Vegetable Stuffed Mushroom is a delicious appetizer or a side dish for your main dish.
200 gms button mushrooms
1 small finely chopped onion
7-8 small finely chopped garlic cloves
1 minced green chilli or green chilli paste
1/2 teaspoon butter
1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Wash the mushrooms in warm water. Make sure the dirt disappears.
- Separate the mushroom stalks and caps.
- Chop the mushroom stalks finely.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot (kadai).
- Add onions, garlic and green chilli/paste.
- Add the mushroom stalks and salt to taste. Saute the mixture well and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Take out the mushroom curry in a separate bowl and add coriander leaves to it. Mix it well.
- Fill the mushroom curry in each of the mushroom caps and top them with some mozzarella cheese.
- Spread butter on a non-stick pan.
- Place all the stuffed mushrooms on the pan.
- Close the lid and let it cook until the water comes out.
- Grease the tray with some oil and preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Stuffed Mushrooms are ready. Garnish them with more cheese and serve them hot.
- These stuffed mushrooms can be served with your favorite dips such as tomato ketchup, schezwan sauce, mayonnaise or garlic dip. It tastes good even without any dip.
- You can add other vegetables like spring onions, carrots or cabbage to the stuffing.
- Instead of mozzarella cheese, you can use any other cheese you like. You can also use Indian cottage cheese (paneer) or cheddar cheese.
- This dish has many variations by adding different various fillings like chicken, prawns (shrimp), mutton, etc. You can any filling to these mushrooms.
- If you do not have an oven you can make these mushrooms on a pan by letting them cook from both sides.
How to make Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms step-by-step?
Step 1: Take 200 gms of mushrooms and soak it in warm water for 10 mins. Rinse the mushrooms well until the dirt disappears.
Step 2: Separate the stalks and caps of each mushroom and keep them aside.
Step 3: Finely chop all the mushroom stalks.
Step 4: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pot (kadai).
Step 5: Add 1 small finely chopped onion, 7-8 finely chopped garlic cloves, and 1 minced green chilli or ½ teaspoon green chilli paste.
Step 6: Add the finely chopped mushroom stalks and salt to taste. Saute the mushrooms well.
Step 7: The Mushroom Stuffing is ready. Place it in a separate bowl and mix it with 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves.
Step 8: Fill the stuffing in each mushroom cap.
Step 9: Spread ½ teaspoon butter on a non-stick pan.
Step 10: Place all the stuffed mushrooms on the pan.
Step 11: Close the lid and let it cook until the water comes out.
Step 12: Grease the tray with some oil. Once the mushrooms cool down, place them in a baking tray. Top them with mozzarella cheese.
Step 13: Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
Step 14: Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Stuffed Mushrooms are ready. Garnish them with more cheese and serve them hot.