Aam Panna | Kairi Panna | Raw Mango Juice | Ambyacha Panna
Aam Panna is a cool summer drink popular in India. It is made with raw mangoes and is served chilled during summer to quench the thirst and keep you hydrated. There are many benefits of drinking Aam Panna, it helps in gastrointestinal disorders, tuberculosis, and anemia.
Aam Panna is a good source of Vitamin B1, B2, and C. This drink is made with raw mangoes, mint leaves, jaggery/sugar, and spices like cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, and chat masala. It’s a tangy and sweet flavored drink.
You can also prepare concentrated Aam Panna at home by not adding water to it and store it in the refrigerator. You need not prepare it from scratch whenever you feel like having it. Simply mix water in a little bit of the concentrated Aam Panna.
This recipe is very easy to prepare and does not take much time. You can also serve this as a cocktail for your summer parties and get-togethers. I hope you enjoy this amazing drink with your family and friends.
Aam Panna | Kairi Panna | Raw Mango Juice | Ambyacha PannaCourse: All recipes, Beverages
2 medium chopped raw mangoes
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon chat masala
2 tablespoons jaggery
- Boil the raw mangoes by placing them in a pressure cooker and wait for 3 whistles.
- Once the cooker cools down, drain the mangoes water in a bowl and add the mangoes and mint leaves (pudina) to the mixing jar.
- Grind them into a thin paste and add them to a bowl.
- Add jaggery, cumin powder, coriander powder, chat masala, and red chilli powder.
- Stir them well for 5 mins. Aam Panna is ready. Serve it with ice cubes.
- You can have this with mini puris like Pani Puri too, it tastes amazing.
- If the panna tastes very sour, then you can try adding some more black salt and jaggery.
- Instead of jaggery you can use sugar but jaggery is much healthier and tasty too.
- You can prepare a concentrated Aam Panna by skipping water and have it whenever you like by mixing a little bit of concentrated water. You can preserve it in the refrigerator for about a month and in the freezer for 6 months
How to make Aam Panna step-by-step?
Step 1: Add 2 medium chopped raw mangoes to the pressure cooker and wait until 3 whistles.
Step 2: Once the cooker cools down. Drain the water from the mangoes and keep the water aside.
Step 3: Add the mangoes and mint leaves (pudina) to the mixing jar. Grind them into a thin paste and pour it in a bowl.
Step 4: Add 2 tablespoons of jaggery, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon chat masala, ½ teaspoon coriander powder, black salt to taste, and ½ teaspoon red chilli powder.
Step 5: Add the drained water and if required add more water and stir it for 5 minutes. Aam Panna is ready. Serve it with some ice cubes.