Tomato Cucumber Sandwich
Tomato Cucumber Sandwich is a simple and healthy recipe, it is a very filling and healthy breakfast, a perfect dish to carry in your lunchbox. These sandwiches are available in restaurants for breakfast and as evening snacks in India, they’re also available as street food. A lot of five-star hotels serve this sandwich as a part of their breakfast buffet.
Tomato-Cucumber Sandwich is loved by kids as well as adults and is a very healthy snack. Also, it is great while traveling and serving as one of the snacks at parties, get-togethers, corporate seminars, and kids’ playdates. This sandwich is made with simple ingredients like tomato, cucumber, and a green chutney used as a spread for the bread. The green chutney made with green chillies, coriander leaves, and mint leaves (Pudina). With the presence of the mint, it makes this sandwich even healthier as the mint has many health benefits. You can check out my recipe for green chutney.
It is quick and easy to prepare as it doesn’t require too many ingredients. These ingredients are easily available at home. People who work can add this quick recipe to their list. I hope you enjoy making this simple and healthy sandwich for your family and friends.
Recipe Card for Tomato Cucumber Sandwich
Tomato Cucumber SandwichCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, Evening snacksCuisine: Indian, American, British
2 medium sliced tomatoes
2 medium sliced cucumbers
2 cups grated or 8 slices of cheese
2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 cup Pudina chutney
1 cup butter
16 bread slices with trimmed edges
- Apply butter and Pudina chutney on all the bread slices.
- Place the sliced cucumbers and tomatoes on each bread slices.
- Sprinkle 1 pinch of black pepper powder and 1 pinch of chat masala on those tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Add grated cheese or place a slice cheese and cover with the other bread slice for each sandwich. Serve the sandwich with tomato ketchup. Repeat the same steps for more sandwiches.
- You can skip the cheese if you do not prefer it or it’s not available.
- You can cut the sandwich diagonally if you like.
- This recipe does not contain salt as the cucumber wills release water, which makes the bread soggy and results in the sandwich to break.
- This sandwich is an excellent breakfast item since it’s filling and healthy too.
- To hold the sandwich together and avoid the stuffing to fall out of the bread, you can use a toothpick to hold them together.
How to make Tomato Cucumber Sandwich step-by-step?
Step 1: Take the bread slices and trim the edges.
Step 2: Apply butter and Pudina chutney on one side of each bread slice.
Step 3: Place cucumber and tomato sliced in circles on one of the bread slices.
Step 4: Sprinkle 1 pinch black pepper powder and 1 pinch chat masala on each bread slice.
Step 5: Add grated or slice cheese on top of the tomato and close the other bread slice from the top. The Tomato Cucumber Sandwich is ready. Serve it with tomato ketchup. Repeat the same steps for more sandwiches.