Garlic Bread | Garlic Cheese Bread
Garlic Bread originates from Italy and is one of the most popular Italian dishes worldwide. It became very popular in the United States by Italian immigrants. In Italy and most European countries, they call it bruschetta. It is available at all the Italian food chains such as Pizza Hut and Domino’s around the world.
Garlic Bread goes as a side dish for pasta, pizza, or salad. It is crispy and comes with a topping of garlic, butter or olive oil and parsley. These three are the main toppings but you can add other toppings like Italian seasonings, black pepper powder, coriander leaves (if you don’t have parsley). You can basically add your own toppings.
Garlic Bread is usually roasted or toasted, that is, it can be prepared in the oven or on the pan. In this recipe, I would like to show you how to make it on the pan as well as in the oven. When made in a pan, its crispness will reduce, but the taste is as good as oven-baked Garlic Bread.
Garlic Bread is a quick and easy recipe, an excellent snack for tea or coffee in the evening. In most parts of the world, to prepare Garlic Bread a loaf of French bread is used. If it is not easily available in your location, you can use any bread that is available. I hope you enjoy cooking this yummy mouth-watering dish for you and your loved ones.
Recipe card for Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread | Garlic Cheese BreadCourse: Breakfast, Brunch, Evening snacks, Italian, VegetarianCuisine: Italian
5-6 slices of French bread
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 tablespoon cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian blend/seasoning
1 teaspoon coriander/parsley leaves
- Garlic Bread Spread
- In a bowl, add butter, cheese, crushed garlic, crushed black pepper, Italian seasoning and coriander (or parsley).
- Mix all ingredients well and apply on one side of the bread.
- Toasted Garlic Bread
- Heat a non-stick pan, add 1 teaspoon butter and spread it.
- Toast the bread slices on the pan by closing the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid and turn the bread slices on the other side and immediately turn them back. Toast for another 2 minutes. Serve toasted garlic bread hot.
- Roasted Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease the baking tray.
- Place the bread slices on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Roasted Garlic Bread while it’s hot.
- If you are located in a place where you are unable to find French loaf then you can use whichever bread that is available, even a sandwich bread will do.
- For this dish to be nutritious and healthy, you can use brown bread or multigrain bread and use olive oil instead of butter.
- You can store the Garlic Bread in the refrigerator for a week, but making it fresh is recommended as it does not take much time. This recipe is quick and easy to follow.
How to make Garlic Bread step-by-step?
Garlic Bread Spread
Step 1: In a bowl, take 2 teaspoons of melted butter and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon crushed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon Italian blend, and 1 teaspoon coriander leaves (or parsley).
Step 3: Mix all the ingredients in step 2 and apply it to the bread on one side.
Toasted Garlic Bread
Step 1: In a heated non-stick pan, add 1 teaspoon butter and spread it out.
Step 2: Place the bread slices on the butter and close the lid. Let it cook for one minute.
Step 3: Open the lid and turn the bread on the other side and immediately turn each one of them back. Toasted Garlic Bread is ready.
Roasted Garlic Bread
Step 1: Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and grease the baking tray with oil.
Step 2: Place the bread slices on the tray and bake for 10 mins. Roasted Garlic Bread is ready.