Potato Cheese Nuggets | Potato Nuggets
Potato Cheese Nuggets is an Indian-Vegetarian version of the American Chicken Nuggets. Chicken Nuggets are famous fast-food in the United States. They’re available in various fast-food restaurants like Burger King, McDonald’s, KFC and many other local restaurants. When these fast food restaurants opened in India, they decided to keep a vegetarian version of these chicken nuggets. There are not only Potato Cheese Nuggets but other vegetarian nuggets available these days like Vegetable Nuggets, Chili Cheese Nuggets, Corn Cheese Nuggets, etc.
There is always a vegetarian version for a non-vegetarian item. Vegetarians can have another tasty snack added to their list. The main ingredient such as chicken can be replaced with potatoes, soya, mushrooms, or vegetables. To make it taste like some Indian food, you can add Indian spices like chili powder or any other spice you prefer that would make this dish delicious.
I love potatoes and I believe a potato is a vegetable that is favorite of any individual, especially Indians, it’s an unavoidable item in our grocery list and very difficult to resist. There are “N” number of items that can be made with potatoes, whether it’s for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or an evening snack.
Potato Cheese Nuggets are another potato snack, which became a very popular item in most fast-food restaurants in recent years. It is a blend of potatoes, cheese, all-purpose flour (maida) and some spices, coated with breadcrumbs. Because of the presence of cheese and potatoes, it is a very filling and delicious snack.
Potato Cheese Nuggets is a great snack to prepare if you have some guests over or in general for your tea time snack or dinner appetizer. I’m very sure you and your loved ones will relish this dish. Try out this amazing mouth-watering potato snack. I hope you enjoy cooking it too.
Recipe card for Potato Cheese Nuggets
Potato Cheese Nuggets | Potato NuggetsCourse: Evening snacks, Appetizers, StartersCuisine: Indian, American
4-5 medium potatoes boiled and grated
1 cup grated cheese
7-8 small chopped garlic cloves
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (maida)
1 teaspoon red chilies powder
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 tablespoon cornflour
4 cups of vegetable oil
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, take the boiled, peeled and grated potatoes and grated cheese.
- Add red chilies powder, black pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, chopped garlic and all-purpose flour (maida).
- Mix all the ingredients well and roll into cylindrical shapes with your hands.
- In a pan, add the vegetable oil and let it heat.
- In a bowl, add cornflour, black pepper, and water. Mix it well and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Take the cylindrical-shaped nuggets, dip them in the cornflour mixture and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Add these Nuggets to the heated oil and fry evenly from all sides.
- Once the nuggets turn out to be golden in color, take them out.
- Potato Cheese Nuggets are ready. Serve them with Tomato ketchup or Schezwan sauce.
- If you do not have breadcrumbs at home, you can make use of Semolina (Rava/Sooji). Add it to the mixture as well as for coating.
- If you do not like cheese, you can skip the cheese.
How to make Potato Cheese Nuggets step-by-step?
Step 1: Add 4-5 potatoes in a pressure cooker and wait for 3-4 whistles and let it cool down.
Step 2: Peel the boiled potatoes and grate them.
Step 3: Add the boiled and grated potatoes and grated cheese to a bowl.
Step 4: Add ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder and salt to taste.
Step 5: Add chopped coriander leaves and chopped garlic cloves.
Step 6: Add 2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour (maida).
Step 7: Mix all the ingredients and make balls and roll them with your hands into cylindrical shapes.
Step 8: Heat 4 cups of vegetable oil in a pan (Kadai).
Step 9: In a bowl add 1 tablespoon cornflour, 1 cup water, and ½ teaspoon black pepper powder. Mix it well, make sure no lumps form.
Step 10: Take the cylindrical-shaped nuggets, dip it into the cornflour mixture.
Step 11: Now dip it into the breadcrumbs and coat it properly.
Step 12: Add these coated nuggets to the heated oil. Fry them on all sides until it turns golden brown. Potato Cheese Nuggets are ready. Serve with ketchup or Schezwan sauce.